Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Meetings which never happen

So, you've made a contact, negotiated and exchanged ideas and preferences, and agreed a date, time and place.

A lot of investment in planning and creating a fantasy scenario can go into this.

Then, you are there, but the other party never shows up. No response to the mobile phone number or text. Afterwards, either a lame excuse or nothing at all. I'm sure other people have experienced this.

This has happened to me a couple of times with people from this site, the latest on Saturday. I'm not going to name the person in question, except that he richly deserves the caning he didn't receive, yet said he wanted. Did he bottle out or just too much effort?

Its more than a wasted opportunity, its bloody rude and bad etiquette.

Default Re: Meetings which never happen

It's certainly very rude and bad etiquette and (face reddens with shame) I've actually been the one who caused it once. I had arranged to meet him in the coffee shop in BHS in a local town at 10.30 one Saturday morning. I arrived, got a coffee looked around and... nothing. I waited about half an hour, trying his mobile a few times which was switched off. Feeling rather peeved I went home and re-read the emails and, lo, the meeting had been set for 10.00 AM... whoops.

On another note, I don't know how experienced this person was but I do remember how nervous I felt when waiting for my first meeting for a beating from a total stranger - they weren't butterflies they were swallows - and the easiest thing I could have done would be to have made an excuse and just not turned up. I did turn up and he did beat me rather well - where are you now Gerald?

On yet another topic there is a system I could install which will allow users to 'rate' each other - a sort of reputation guide where users earn points (we all know what points mean - what do points mean?). I looked at it a couple of years ago but decided against as we had one or two particularly forthright people on the site who I think would not have used it in the right way - they've since left - but I could look at it again if there was a general mood. That way you wouldn't have to name anyone. I'd be keen to hear what other think.

Regards

lincoln,unable at present to accommodate.

yes it can be very frustrating for people not to either turn up or mid way through contact suddenly stop ,and i for one would be very happy to see a points system in operation, as long as one had the right to reply if the truth was not there.

Sadly there are so many idiots allowed to use the internet who never have any intention of leaving the safety of their own wee world or from behind their pc to meet !
    It has happened to me not only through this site but through other sites and that was just a date for a coffee or drink to see if we are compatible ,when I was advertising to meet a regular male bottom (no fees).
    I won't even mention those that make appointments to see me professionally and don't showup , wasting my time !

Don't you just love the joys of the internet at times ..... NOT !

There's nothing you can do but move on and hope the next person isn't another waste of time .
    A few emails , a phonecall and don't waste alot of time mailing back and forth ,then make the date to meet usually works best ,as you never know anyone through messages alone. Usually the more they ask about what you are going to do when you meet is a sign to me that they are more or less never going to meet you.
    I have found the sooner you set up the meet works best and tell them once you meet to see if you are compatible then you will go from there.

Just my thoughts on the subject .

Barbie x

Barbie

If someone ever lets you down and I am due up to see you the next day, please let me know so I can prepare myself mentally for what I will be about to receive.

BB73

Quote Originally Posted by Barbedwire View Post
    Sadly there are so many idiots allowed to use the internet who never have any intention of leaving the safety of their own wee world or from behind their pc to meet !
    It has happened to me not only through this site but through other sites and that was just a date for a coffee or drink to see if we are compatible ,when I was advertising to meet a regular male bottom (no fees).
    I won't even mention those that make appointments to see me professionally and don't showup , wasting my time !

Don't you just love the joys of the internet at times ..... NOT !

There's nothing you can do but move on and hope the next person isn't another waste of time .
    A few emails , a phonecall and don't waste alot of time mailing back and forth ,then make the date to meet usually works best ,as you never know anyone through messages alone. Usually the more they ask about what you are going to do when you meet is a sign to me that they are more or less never going to meet you.
    I have found the sooner you set up the meet works best and tell them once you meet to see if you are compatible then you will go from there.

Just my thoughts on the subject .

Barbie x

Good idea, Algonania
    I think a "feedback" system would be very useful. Obviously, there could be some users who would mis-use such a system but if it was like ebay then you can see who has made the comments as well as who they are about and we can form our own opinions about both the feedbacker and feedbackee.
    To Martydom, why not name the person and save others from wasting theit time?

Happened to me once, a complete and utter waste of time and money. I did receive an offer of a night at a Travelodge recently from someone from Manchester, but it sounded too good to be true, so I backed out. I tend to prefer either the pro route or someone closer to home.

With regard to meetings which dont happen ive sent anapology to martydom explaining why I failed to show and he understands but my disorganisation caused a lot of effort and time to be waste and for that im truly sorry in my defence ive so far arranged only 2 meetings on here and if anyond can tell me how to post pics on here il gladly show the results of a severe caning thus going somewayto repairing my credibility

To attach a picture, click reply to thread, then 'go advanced', then 'manage attachments' upload your pictures then drag them into the window below and, should you click 'insert inline it will appear thus: Attachment 4893.

It's as easy as that.

Best wishes

I would never let a domme down, as I don't get many opportunities to visit them, but I can always see through something that is too good to be true like the Travelodge meeting that probably would have been a wind up. Also this Travelodge is supposed to be one of the worst in Britain and I didn't fancy spending the night in a mouldy room with a broken television.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast