PDA

View Full Version : help regarding login

spankingneeded
07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Can anyone give me the answer to why when i log in sometimes after a few minutes of after reading things on site i end up being logged out and when i try to login in again it just will not login so have to clear all temp files or re boot and start again to get logged in but this problem keeps cropping (excuse pun) up

happygolucky
08-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I've not heard of that one before so am a bit mystified. Does anyone else have the same or similar problem? If so, I'll take it further with the software people and if not try and find another solution for you.

Regards

Shetlander
28-01-2009, 12:13 AM
A similar problem, the site keeps on logging me out after 4-5 minutes. I can log right back in normally though.

I had no problems coming here and staying logged in with a previous computer, the problem only arose when I got a new computer back in late September. Since then it has always been the case with that one and another new one I got in November. Both were clean new loads of XP, and both have had cookies, history etc cleared more than a few times over the time I've had them, but its made no difference to the log in problem here.

Only real difference between the computer that worked fine and the newer two is that the older one was running XP with SP2 and IE7, the two newer ones are running XP with SP3 and IE7.

I've not been online with the older machine that did work properly for a long time, but will try it soon, if it will still operate, and see if it still stays logged in okay.

Something else I notice as well, which seems unusual. If I hit F5 or the refresh button in the top bar the site automatically logs me out and takes me to a "Welcome to Spanking Contacts" page with text only on it.

sysub
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Yes i have the same sort of problem. I log in-the box shows up saying "thank you for logging in", and then when the screen changes to the forum page i appear to be NOT logged in.In fact it is very difficult to stay logged in on the site I thought it was me and i sent a PM to alganonia last year but assumed he/she was just busy with other stuff when i did not hear back . PS, before that you said you would sort out a South Yorks section-still waiting (so you must be busy:()

slipperedbare
08-02-2009, 10:03 AM
i am also getting this problem frequently

Yes i have the same sort of problem. I log in-the box shows up saying "thank you for logging in", and then when the screen changes to the forum page i appear to be NOT logged in.In fact it is very difficult to stay logged in on the site I thought it was me and i sent a PM to alganonia last year but assumed he/she was just busy with other stuff when i did not hear back . PS, before that you said you would sort out a South Yorks section-still waiting (so you must be busy:()

jennysub
19-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I have this problem.

I have noticed it happens after I post on the forum or edit a post I have made. I cure it by rebooting my computer, that clears it. I am running XP on one machine and Vista on another (XP is running on my newest machine, gives you a clue as to what I think of Vista). I think it must be some form of cokkie conflict...

not that I know what a cookie is...

and conflict is something I only have with headmasters.....

Jen

jw50
19-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I am running Vista and I have no problems with this site, I am using Firefox as my browser.

jonspank
16-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I have this problem.

I have noticed it happens after I post on the forum or edit a post I have made. I cure it by rebooting my computer, that clears it. I am running XP on one machine and Vista on another (XP is running on my newest machine, gives you a clue as to what I think of Vista). I think it must be some form of cokkie conflict...

not that I know what a cookie is...

and conflict is something I only have with headmasters.....

Jen

Hi Jennysub,
Since i went over to Vista my problem started, i can't even get a post on this site.
I do not know if it is me or the site

happygolucky
19-05-2009, 11:43 PM
I am asked to check that members having this problem have cookies enabled and that they have checked the "remember me" box.

Regards

Chief bottom

Bottom Smacker01
22-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I have this logging in prob too

Shetlander
24-05-2009, 04:28 AM
I am asked to check that members having this problem have cookies enabled and that they have checked the "remember me" box.

Regards

Chief bottom

"Yes" to both questions. I am a member of at least two other Forum sites which use the same software as this one (albeit a different release), and successfully remain logged in for months on end, despite my computer being shutdown for lengthy periods during the same time.

That said, this is my first visit here since installing and starting to use Firefox as a browser instead of IE7, and it seems like the problem may have been cured, for me at least, by this change. I've closed out of the site and come back three times prior to posting, and remained logged in, closing out in IE7 has always logged me out previously. I'll check back tomorrow after the computer has been closed down and restarted to see if the cookie survives through that as well.

happygolucky
24-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to hearing what happens...

Shetlander
25-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Yup, still logged in with Firefox.

XP SP3 IE7 combination logs me out every time I close out of the site, despite cookies enabled and "remember me" being checked. XP SP3 Firefox combination works perfectly.

On a seperate issue, don't know if its related or not, but why does the URL in the address bar remain unchanged regardless of whatever page on the site you are on? Obviously different pages have different URL's otherwise you couldn't get away from the first page you land on, but this doesn't show in the address bar, this is the only site I've ever been on that it didn't.

Regardless of what page I'm on, this is the only URL ever shown in the address bar http://www.spankingcontacts.co.uk/

It doesn't present any problem when navigating the site, but it makes the 'refresh' button useless, and means you can only bookmark this site to the "Welcome to Spanking Contacts" text only on gray background page, using the 'refresh' button, regardless of which page you are on takes you back to that same text page too.

I'm pretty sure I used to have the Index page of this site successfully bookmarked on a previous computer which ran XP SP2 and, I think IE6. If I ever get that old beast to work again I'll come back on it and see where the old bookmark takes me to.

happygolucky
27-05-2009, 10:09 AM
That's very interesting, thank you. I'll pass that along the line and see if what can be deduced from the information.

Can some other sufferers try Firefox and establish more clearly whether in an IE issue?

Best

stingbotuk
27-05-2009, 03:06 PM
No problems with XP and Firefox.