PDA

View Full Version : Some members having access rpoblems.

Daihard
09-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi

I've been asked to post the following link to a thread on British Spanking from a member who can't seem to get access to the site. Mods are welcome to delete, but please at leat read it first.

Caribou 2
10-05-2009, 12:02 AM
......And where is the link?

Shetlander
10-05-2009, 03:06 AM
^^ Presume a Mod deleted it?

The link that was there/should have been there was to a thread on the named site, concerning issues a number of people who are members both there and here having problems logging in/staying logged in etc etc to this site.

happygolucky
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Please let us have the link so that we can investigate it further - without the information we can do nothing...

Chief bottom

Shetlander
11-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Here you go, I guess OP thought they'd posted it, and haven't been back to check the thread.

http://www.britishspanking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44525

Disciplinegiver
11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
this is a message that was sent to me from a member on british spanking also chatted to a lady called tara who has the same problem

spankwell, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Disciplinegiver
14-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Has anyone found that these member who cannot access threads on here know if their problems have been resolved as the two people i have been chatting to from british spanking still have not even had a reply from this site or the problem, solved very sad that the administrater cannot be bothered to resolve or have the courtsy to reply back to them giving them a solution

jonspank
14-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello,
I have had the same problem, when people have been looking at my pictures and i try and contact them. I get a caption come up, you are not aloud or you have not got permision to access? I dont know why this keeps on happerning.
Regards Jonspank.

mike_redbotham
15-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I have just received a private message from someone and, when I tried to view their Public Profile, received the same message.

Disciplinegiver
16-05-2009, 12:42 PM
what a shame this site appears to ignore current memebrs about the problem and also those who have e-mailed and heard nothing to get problem resolved i would have thought a contact site means you need all links etc.. to function correctly for a contact site to function as it should

Shetlander
16-05-2009, 07:32 PM
There have been login problems of one sort or another since at least last autumn, as detailed here (if this link works)
http://www.cpcontacts.com/uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1387 which are still outstanding.

I would suspect the solution lies somewhere in the Admin settings, as I am a member and regular user of another site (and another kink ;)) which uses exactly the same software, and I have no problem with that site whatsoever.

The only difference I can see is that that site uses release vBulletin® Version 3.5.3 whereas this one uses vBulletin® Version 3.8.1

mike_redbotham
26-05-2009, 11:20 PM
It is strange because I can view some Public Profiles but not others.
I'm getting a bit fed up as there seems to be no explanation or interest from the moderator.

mike_redbotham
26-05-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm getting a bit fed up as there seems to be no explanation or interest from the moderator.

I have just looked at the latest 10 visitors to my profile - I can access 5 of their profiles - 5 I can't.:mad:
Any explanations??:confused:

happygolucky
27-05-2009, 10:10 AM
May I ask what browser you're using please.

regards

mike_redbotham
27-05-2009, 02:30 PM
May I ask what browser you're using please.

regards

Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!

stingbotuk
27-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I too have that problem. it seems worst with recent profiles.
Im using XP and firefox

jonspank
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I am still having the same problem. I use internet explorer Google. All i know is i am getting fed up and if it is not resumed i will leave this site for good.

Caribou 2
02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm also having the same problem. I get logged out every time I leave the site, despite having cookies enabled and the 'Remember Me' box checked.
I'm using I.E explorer with Windows XP.

I don't have this problem on any other forum I use.

happygolucky
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Would you mind trying firefox please as it seems that it is an IE problem

regards

Caribou 2
19-06-2009, 07:27 PM
This has been driving me crazy for ages, but today I managed to get it sorted. I'm still using I.E. on Windows XP, but the following actions have solved the problem for me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/1-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/2-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/3-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/4-1.jpg

No more constantly being logged out.

White pants
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi,

I was always having problems logging in and being told i was logged in to only find i had been logged out virtually straight away, i have done what "Caribou 2" has suggested and so far it works fine, i am using IE 8 and Vista OS so if you are having the same problem please try it out and see if it cures the problem like so far it has done for me.

Thanks Caribou 2 for the information.

Si

This has been driving me crazy for ages, but today I managed to get it sorted. I'm still using I.E. on Windows XP, but the following actions have solved the problem for me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/1-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/2-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/3-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/TomAlter/4-1.jpg

No more constantly being logged out.

Caribou 2
07-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Caribou 2 for the information.

No probs - glad it was of some help :)

Tara
01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi I've posted this on my 2 professional adverts offering my services but no-one has noticed!

Every time I log in I can post only once and the forum logs me straight out again, although I keep filling in the login screen all it does is refresh itself saying I am not logged in.

I followed all the instructions on this thread above to the letter! Every time I come in here I can post ONCE and it logs me straight out and won't let me in again until the next day!

I've emailed twice as I couldn't get back in to pm you guys but your emails just bounce saying your email box is full!

so what next - I can't participate on your boards to post any replies to any other threads as by the time I've updated my personal ad I've been thrown off again!

Caribou 2
01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
There is something badly wrong with this site - it's absolutely infuriating. Despite my previous advice it is now constantly logging me out again. I use another forum with the same software and this never happens. Blaming Internet Explorer is bollocks as well - the problem lies here.

It's just so bloody tiresome.

Tara
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
There is something badly wrong with this site - it's absolutely infuriating. Despite my previous advice it is now constantly logging me out again. I use another forum with the same software and this never happens. Blaming Internet Explorer is bollocks as well - the problem lies here.

Indeed it does, I was a moderator using exactly the same forum software and I know how it all works and no-one else's vBulletin forum I've ever used does it!

It says at the top of this board "Suggestions The place to make suggestions about in what way the site can be altered and improved. It's your forum so please let me know how it can be bettered."

Owners - please get it touch with vBulletin, their support team is 24hrs and they usually get back to you within a few hours. Tell them your problem and they can tell you how to fix it!!!!

Exasperating.

happygolucky
07-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi
I know it may seem as though we're ignoring your please but that really isn't the case. V-bulletin, the software developers have been trying to fix the problem with us but, as we cannot re-create the problem ourselves and, neither can they, it's a hard one to test.

We have made a few more alterations as a result of their input but they will not take effect unless you delete the relevant (or all) cookies so that new cookies can be set. These will be shown in your browser in relation to 'cpcontacts.com' and not 'spankingcontacts.co.uk' since that is the the ultimate host.

I can help with how to do this in safari and firefox but as the problem is mainly I.E I'm frustratingly out of the loop. Could one of you suffering this problem have a go and see if we've made any progress - I do hope so.

I must also add that this site is entirely run by one person who pays for everything and gets nothing out of it at all, not a sob story I'm happy to do it but merely a means of backing up my request that you be as patient as possible and we'll do our best.

Best wishes

Tara
12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Shocked as today for the first time each time it throws me off I re login and it lets me stay amazing! Logged in 4 times and I've made quite a few posts so let's hope it's fixed!

Tara
15-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Made 1 post and 1 pm and had to log in 6 times so far 2nite!

Tara
17-11-2009, 07:59 PM
It chucks me out all the time yet it's the same forum software as British Spanking n another vanilla one that I use which never chuck me out!

ProfMike
20-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I have had exactly the same problem my self even rebooting my computer made no difference logged in next day and all ok

When it happened another time I just used the back arrow and started from an earlier page on which I was still logged in and started from there that seemed to clear it

Mike

I was logged into the site this afternoon (8.11.09) and was suddenly shut out. I was told I had to log in again, which I did, but then the system kep shutting me out again. I eventually managed to get in by shutting the computer down and logging in again through Google search. I am not aware that I did anything that would have shut me out in the first place. Thanks.

P.S. Great site- I love it and have made some great contacts.

ProfMike
27-11-2009, 10:49 AM
I have had exactly the same problem my self even rebooting my computer made no difference logged in next day and all ok

When it happened another time I just used the back arrow and started from an earlier page on which I was still logged in and started from there that seemed to clear it

Mike
what seems to happen is when you make a post you are starting another screen which does not know you are already logged in when you try to log in again you can't because you are already logged in on the system

if you use the back arrow to a screen where you are alrady logged in you can proceed to other screens

hope that helps

Pyjama Boy
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Assemble your post in the word processing part of your computer, copy and then paste into the forum. Simples! (squeek).

Tara
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
months on and I'm still getting bumped off the forum after every post, even when I tick the remember me box which I was advised to do I go to post on a second thread and it says I'm not logged in. I'm on another vbulletin forum and it never does this and I never tick the box!

Caribou 2
09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
months on and I'm still getting bumped off the forum after every post, even when I tick the remember me box which I was advised to do I go to post on a second thread and it says I'm not logged in. I'm on another vbulletin forum and it never does this and I never tick the box!

Same here, it logs me out over and over again. I've pretty much given up now and have just resigned myself to it. I help run a vBulletin forum and have never had this issue, except when people don't tick the 'Remember Me' option, which I always do here, but it makes no difference. I also find it extremely frustrating that you can't edit or delete your own posts after a very short time as the edit/delete option is set so that it becomes unavailable after a set time.

This board is set up in a very basic, unsorted state. It's really not difficult to change a few settings and tweak a few things to make the forum more user-friendly and easier to use. There is a vBulletin support forum where you can find out anything you need to know. Also, why are thre no moderators here? There is no board staff to ask if you need help or want something deleting/editing.

It's very underdeveloped.

Tara
11-10-2010, 11:48 PM
This board is set up in a very basic, unsorted state. It's really not difficult to change a few settings and tweak a few things to make the forum more user-friendly and easier to use. There is a vBulletin support forum where you can find out anything you need to know. Also, why are thre no moderators here? There is no board staff to ask if you need help or want something deleting/editing.

It's very underdeveloped.

I totally agree. If the board owner would add a couple of mods it would make their life easier. Spam ads would be dealt with quicker and new member added sooner, I had to wait about 3 months from signing up to be approved to post, if I hadn't of been commercial I wouldn't have even bothered coming back!

Mods can be given as few or as many priveleges as the board owner likes.

A techy would help for a start.

Yes I used to mod on a vbulletin board, the control panel is really easy to use and set up and there's a brilliant help n support team as well as the forum to ask questions on.

When anyone wants a site to post an ad on I tell them BS forum and that this one's a nightmare! We'd all come back more if it was busier and it will only get busier if it's easier to use!

If the board owner would add one more

happygolucky
12-10-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm the forum owner so your comments are directed at me.

I'm a writer who likes cp and have no pretensions of knowing what I'm doing with all this techy stuff. However I had the idea, invested a lot of time (and money) getting it going and a lot of people have made many contacts and had some jolly good sessions so, in its own clunky way, it works.

Thanks for your very helpful suggestions. Anyone who wants to help out and make it easier to use etc is more than welcome to volunteer. The more help the better as, sadly, I don't have unlimited time.

Best wishes

mike_redbotham
12-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm the forum owner so your comments are directed at me.

I'm a writer who likes cp and have no pretensions of knowing what I'm doing with all this techy stuff. However I had the idea, invested a lot of time (and money) getting it going and a lot of people have made many contacts and had some jolly good sessions so, in its own clunky way, it works.

Thanks for your very helpful suggestions. Anyone who wants to help out and make it easier to use etc is more than welcome to volunteer. The more help the better as, sadly, I don't have unlimited time.

Best wishes

Thanks to Algonania for this super site, especially as it is completely free. Maybe we don't say "Thank You" often enough.
"Commercials" should be grateful to get advertising for nothing - it's expensive elsewhere.
Hopefully, the whingers will put their technical expertise where their typing digits are and help Algonania as he as requested. Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise myself.

Tara
14-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Thanks to Algonania for this super site, especially as it is completely free. Maybe we don't say "Thank You" often enough.
"Commercials" should be grateful to get advertising for nothing - it's expensive elsewhere.
Hopefully, the whingers will put their technical expertise where their typing digits are and help Algonania as he as requested. Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise myself.

Yes thanks Algonania for all your hard work - why don't you put in a thread wanted one or 2 keen moderators to help you out, shed some or your workload? Just give them limited mod access and it takes some pressure off you to approve new members and remove spam etc?

I'm very grateful for free ads, all the sites are free mike except itc-mag where it's £1, (£2 if you want a photo) but well worth it as I get weekly clients from there whereas here I get one every 2 months if I'm lucky. And if I buy itc advert tokens in bulk it works out at 60p!

Sorry for the whinging I'm just trying to help, the other vbulletin boards don't log you out after each and every post and you would get far more traffic if you fixed the glitch which vbulletin support could do for you in less than 24hrs if you report the problem.

Usually this board also won't let me log back in more than twice in any 24hr period so I can only ever post on 2 threads in any one day.

Hotbotty59
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes thanks Algonania for all your hard work - why don't you put in a thread wanted one or 2 keen moderators to help you out, shed some or your workload? Just give them limited mod access and it takes some pressure off you to approve new members and remove spam etc?

I'm very grateful for free ads, all the sites are free mike except itc-mag where it's £1, (£2 if you want a photo) but well worth it as I get weekly clients from there whereas here I get one every 2 months if I'm lucky. And if I buy itc advert tokens in bulk it works out at 60p!

Sorry for the whinging I'm just trying to help, the other vbulletin boards don't log you out after each and every post and you would get far more traffic if you fixed the glitch which vbulletin support could do for you in less than 24hrs if you report the problem.

Usually this board also won't let me log back in more than twice in any 24hr period so I can only ever post on 2 threads in any one day.

Yes, i am also very grateful that someone has put the time & effort into getting this site up & running, however I am sorry to say that I appear to have the same problems, I keep getting logged out after a short while & I can't get back on for a while.

It would be nice to see someone with "techy" skills to come forward to help, would do so myself but havn't got the know how.

Hotbotty59
09-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Forget my previous "hissy", I would like to stay on here, must learn to be more patient.

Hotbotty59
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Since I changed my email address, I have been on here for a while without being logged off & I can see the "quick reply" option, which I could not before. Fingers crossed that I don't get logged off after this post.

EDIT: I posted without being logged off, 1st time ever.

Hotbotty59
09-11-2010, 07:03 PM
So much for that theory, off I went against my wishes. :mad:

Tara
22-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I have FINALLY been able to log on today for the 1st time in 4 months and I tried 4 different computers over the past 4 months so it's def the site that has the problems not me, I post on IC and fetlife and BS almost daily but this site just keeps coming up again and again with the login box after it says 'thanks for logging in Tara' doesn't matter if I tick the remember me box or not.

I usually get 2 posts done sometimes 3 then it logs me out and won't let me back in for weeks. So I only ever update my advert then disappear again. Shame.

subboy_soankee
27-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I still have problems in logging in and staying logged in, the only exception seems to be when logging in from an email advising of a private message, so I saved the URL that appeared when logging from the email as a favourite, and hey presto it seemed to work. Although if I try to log in using the normal procedure I get the problem. If anyone can help sort this out I'm sure every one will appreciate it

Barbedwire
27-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi subboy ,
I have written to Algy about access problems lately . He is trying to find out what's going on and seeking support from the vbulletin people.
As he hadn't had anyone mention this problem apart from myself lately he wasn't aware that it was happening.
I am using IE8 and having problems. If you know what browser you are using could you put it ithe thread ,as it may be isolated to one or two different ones , or maybe it is a variety . The more info Algy has the better to resolve the issue .

Hopefully it will be sorted soon and if anyone with some IT knowledge could help Algy with this he would appreciate it as he isn't super duper with these types of glitches .

Algy also says he won't be around much over the next 2 weeks as he has other things to attend to at the moment and as he runs the site solo without help he apologizes for any inconvenice caused .

Barbie x

I still have problems in logging in and staying logged in, the only exception seems to be when logging in from an email advising of a private message, so I saved the URL that appeared when logging from the email as a favourite, and hey presto it seemed to work. Although if I try to log in using the normal procedure I get the problem. If anyone can help sort this out I'm sure every one will appreciate it

romasz
28-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi

I currently use Firfox and have never had any access problems or been logged out...and have posted quite a few comments on the site. If you are using WinXP then you are stuck with IE8 as the latest browser from Microsoft is IE9 which is used with Win 7 whether this has any bearing on the problem I am not sure but would recomend using the latest IE8 or 9 and make sure you have appled all the updates to these as Microsoft may have fixed "bugs" which could potentially cause issus like the ones mentioned..
J

Hi subboy ,
I have written to Algy about access problems lately . He is trying to find out what's going on and seeking support from the vbulletin people.
As he hadn't had anyone mention this problem apart from myself lately he wasn't aware that it was happening.
I am using IE8 and having problems. If you know what browser you are using could you put it ithe thread ,as it may be isolated to one or two different ones , or maybe it is a variety . The more info Algy has the better to resolve the issue .

Hopefully it will be sorted soon and if anyone with some IT knowledge could help Algy with this he would appreciate it as he isn't super duper with these types of glitches .

Algy also says he won't be around much over the next 2 weeks as he has other things to attend to at the moment and as he runs the site solo without help he apologizes for any inconvenice caused .

Barbie x

subboy_soankee
29-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks Barbie,
I am using Internet Explorer 9

Barbedwire
29-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi subboy ,
If you do what Romasz suggests about all updates for IE 8/9 it may work . Romasz knows his pc stuff which I can vouch for ( He's quite smart that way )
At the moment I have installed Firefox to see if that helps with the problem . Algy did mention to me to try Firefox or Google Chrome ,so as Romasz also mentioned Firefox I thought i'd give it a try ..I'll let you all know if I can get in ,post something and manage to stay logged in with this !

Barbie x

Thanks Barbie,
I am using Internet Explorer 9

Barbedwire
29-10-2012, 10:24 AM
UPDATE : Firefox seems to work fine. I haven't been chucked out , bounced off and managed to stay logged in after posting and reading through the forums !

IF anyone is having problems with their browser after logging in , trying to read a post or posting then being logged out again please put in this thread what browser you are using so Algy can try and sort it out ( I know it's a pain if you keep getting logged out after posting something and trying to re-access ) . Also do as Romasz suggested and make sure your browser has all the updates or do as I have done and install a different browser .

Good luck to everyone having the access problem .

Barbie x

Hi subboy ,
If you do what Romasz suggests about all updates for IE 8/9 it may work . Romasz knows his pc stuff which I can vouch for ( He's quite smart that way )
At the moment I have installed Firefox to see if that helps with the problem . Algy did mention to me to try Firefox or Google Chrome ,so as Romasz also mentioned Firefox I thought i'd give it a try ..I'll let you all know if I can get in ,post something and manage to stay logged in with this !

Barbie x

romasz
29-10-2012, 01:37 PM
HI

If its any consolation I am currently in China and have no issues accessing the site, I am using Firefox and Windows 7...good luck all...feel free to ask any questions and if I can help I will...

J

UPDATE : Firefox seems to work fine. I haven't been chucked out , bounced off and managed to stay logged in after posting and reading through the forums !

IF anyone is having problems with their browser after logging in , trying to read a post or posting then being logged out again please put in this thread what browser you are using so Algy can try and sort it out ( I know it's a pain if you keep getting logged out after posting something and trying to re-access ) . Also do as Romasz suggested and make sure your browser has all the updates or do as I have done and install a different browser .

Good luck to everyone having the access problem .

Barbie x

subboy_soankee
10-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I have changed to Firefox and all seems to be ok now

solitairebloke
04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm having slight problems logging in - it takes me three goes, the first two times I get spurious error messages. I'm using the most up-to-date version of Firefox (20.0.1).

solitairebloke
06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
The error message I get the first time is "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.cpcontacts.com/)"

happygolucky
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
It's a chache thing because we've moved servers so computers are remembering old addresses. It should all calm down over the course of the next week or so.

butterfly
26-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Rating Blogs so the most popular could be assessed would work if i could FIND the rating box in the top right-hand corner on anything but my own, which obviously it would be unfair to rate. :)