PDA

View Full Version : PM ING OR e-mail

triksta
11-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Hello Mods,Whilst enjoying your site I find that sending the above a pain in the butt due to the fact that if you are composing a lengthly message the system asks you re enter username etc.THe outcome is that you find your work missing tried previewing and the same happen sand even switched from I.E to Firefox.
Regards
triksta

The new boy
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Try composing your narrative on your wp or notepad off line. Then you can copy and paste onto your reply when on line. The website tends to shut you out during composition and so wastes your effort.

Uncle David
05-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Try composing your narrative on your wp or notepad off line. Then you can copy and paste onto your reply when on line. The website tends to shut you out during composition and so wastes your effort.

This is all well and good but it's still frustrating when you experience something which has happened to me.

I attempted to contact a member who failed to provide any means of personal contact information other than Private Merssaging. Having copied and pasted my message into the PM box and provided a title, I pressed send and - nothing!

I tried again and even tried again later on but no sent messages have appeared in my sent message folder and I'm left wondering whether the recipients folder was full or whether my message was received three times, in which case it won't look good.

Administrators, can a message be displayed informing senders of PM's as to whether a message hass been sent of failed?

Uncle David

anarchistic_masochist
05-06-2010, 02:48 AM
This is all well and good but it's still frustrating when you experience something which has happened to me.

I attempted to contact a member who failed to provide any means of personal contact information other than Private Merssaging. Having copied and pasted my message into the PM box and provided a title, I pressed send and - nothing!

I tried again and even tried again later on but no sent messages have appeared in my sent message folder and I'm left wondering whether the recipients folder was full or whether my message was received three times, in which case it won't look good.

Administrators, can a message be displayed informing senders of PM's as to whether a message hass been sent of failed?

Uncle David

I've had that problem too - most frustrating...

lilbunny
13-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Ditto ...... disappointing and frustrating :confused:

happygolucky
13-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes, we have a database problem which I'm on to but I'm a dunce and will do my best...