PDA

View Full Version : WARNING Security Tool

Paddlingpaul
20-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I recently received a message apparently from this site warning me that I had a ***** on my computer and to log into Security Tool for a ***** check. If anybody else receives this "invitation" ignore it. Once Security Tool gets into your computer it will lock it up until you pay a subscription.

Mike Caine
20-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I had the same message and was locked out. Fornuately I had my computer scanned for ***** by my AVG system which appeared to be successful. However I keep getting a 'Threat detected' message so I'm having to do it almost every day. Friends keep telling me that the AVG system is good and it should keep me ***** free. I'm a long way away from being Bill Gates and these sort of problems are inconvenient to say the least. I think it's disgusting that you were forced to pay to continue to use your computer. This has only started when I joined this site. Why?

Intrakota
20-02-2010, 11:16 AM
You might like to install 2 other programmes that may help you to clear the problem

www.malwarebytes.com and www.ccleaner.com I use both as well as AVG FREE, someone else might also confirm that these are both usefull tools and they are both free.
Remember to update malwarebytes before scanning, ccleaner will always give you the latest version, use both tools "cleaner and registry" no need to back up your files when registry asks if you want to.

thelastcaress
20-02-2010, 11:50 AM
AVG is free and is very good. As an added gaurd i use zone alarm as a firewall. If it detects something on a site that's unsafe it tells and either stops the connect there and then or will isolate the problem and let you get rid of it safely. I'm no computer expert but so far all has been good.

yours
tlc

Dave in Cornwall
20-02-2010, 02:45 PM
I avoided the problem......it was obviously false,coming as it did from a member who only joined the previous day........it's not the sit'e fault!
Download CCCLEANER....it's free.Simply 'analyse' then 'run' the programme just before you switch off,then it'll remove any files from the Temporary Internet folder...........Job done!
Cheers.....Dave

happygolucky
21-02-2010, 12:44 PM
If you know the user name I'll get rid of them.

Regards

jpd1977uk
26-02-2010, 07:55 AM
i've had two spam msgs.
first
ALLAdmin
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2010

Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear, colin1951;CDBI4UK;jazzy-girl;smarticus;jpd1977uk!A ***** alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online ***** check at our site immediately: http://LINK REMOVED.org/jpd1977...r;raggedmaleIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.LINK REMOVED.com (http://www.cpcontacts.com).

second one
SuperModer
Guest Posts: n/a

Important message from the forum administration!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear, jpd1977uk;lilise;headmaster01;JacquiSlipper;ragged male!A ***** alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online ***** check at our site immediately: http://LINK REMOVED.org/jpd1977...r;raggedmaleIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration www.LINK REMOVED.com.

submissivebuffy
26-02-2010, 09:19 AM
If you know the user name I'll get rid of them.

RegardsI received this message at 1.17am this morning , its the second one i have had ..can I ask what systems you have in place so ythat we dont get a *****?? its just that i recently had one off facebook!! had to pay money to get rid of it ..

Caribou 2
26-02-2010, 12:01 PM
The answer to not getting a ***** is to not open any links in the PMs. Just delete the PMs without clicking on any links.

RichardA
26-02-2010, 05:51 PM
had another one today Ahhhhh why don't they bog off

storyteller
01-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I found a warning message on this site, which I have rarely visited recently, and then it was repeated in my normal mail account. It has disturbed me considerably. Is it really a scam?

spankdan
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Norton tells me that the 'security tool' website has been noted as ******** and not to go there.
I've had a second theatening message saying that unless I check the site I will be reported to the IPS with the log ! What's that all about ?

happygolucky
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
take no notice - just wankers doing what wankers do...

thelastcaress
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
AVG with zone alarm as your firewall - it's free it's effective and so far i've had no scams - everyone should use it. :cool: