PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance

lilbunny
22-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Having browsed the site for a while I have come to the conclusion that there are an awful lot of men on here who enjoy an extremely severe beating , leaving them bruised and battered !

As a female spankee I like to know Ive received a spanking and even enjoy lasting marks . And I am told I take a good spanking .

However I wouldnt be able to endure some of the thrashings that must be handed out , if some of the pictures and stories are to be believed .

So my question is - Why are we all different when it comes to enduring pain ?

RichardA
23-04-2010, 04:48 PM
you have answered your own question with the word "tolerance" we are all different to pain threshold.

guymark
23-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Fab question - and I think there might be a fair few reasons - perhaps only when they are all taken into account do we get the large differences.

1. Different targets. Someone who likes it on the behind might think someone wanting it on the feet / back / thighs had a higher paint threshold. Perhaps not - just very different preferences.

2. Warm-up - or straight in? Almost anyone who is warmed up gradually can take WAY more than they could if someone just went full power from cold. If someone has had time to release endorphins and dopamine - natural pain killers AND provide a serious natural "high".

3. Scene/Setting/Comfort/headpsace. I would guess someone who is visiting someone for the first time, probably restrained - might have a heightened sense of things happening than someone with a trusted "dom of old" that they know they can relax with - even if part of their body cannot!

4. Different sensitivities to pain - not just from person to person but for any one person from day to day. I suspect most of us have at one time or another been surprised at how little or how much we were able to take before "it became a challenge to endure more". Whether hormonal, stress based or what I do not know - but it does seem that most folks vary in their stamina a little - even if they see it through irrespectively.

5. Some folks are far more into sensation play - soft strokes and medium thuddy sensation - others are not so into thud but like "light whippy stings" - both may take the view that the other would be "too much for them".

6. I guess lastly and certainly not leastly, some folks prefer a more "light hearted / fun" level of play and others want to "test themselves" for their own reasons. Some of these want to re-live things that happened at school or home - or WISH had happened at school or home - for others an authentic naval / army / prison punishment. Different strokes for different folks :)

I am sure there are loads of other factors that might come into play - but just these ones, once combined must give a fairly massive range - yet perhaps each individual "point" might be fairly similar to someone else.

Just my two pee worth. Other may have much better points - be good to see what other folks say on the question.

Mark

Having browsed the site for a while I have come to the conclusion that there are an awful lot of men on here who enjoy an extremely severe beating , leaving them bruised and battered !

As a female spankee I like to know Ive received a spanking and even enjoy lasting marks . And I am told I take a good spanking .

However I wouldnt be able to endure some of the thrashings that must be handed out , if some of the pictures and stories are to be believed .

So my question is - Why are we all different when it comes to enduring pain ?