PDA

View Full Version : A cull??

mike_redbotham
21-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Following the discussion about a '19yr old girl' on Latest Advertisements,
is it time for a cull of postings made more than, say, a year ago where the original poster hasn't been active since?
It would probably speed the site up if those members who haven't been active for, say, 2 years are also removed as proposed by TDH.
Presumably only the Moderator can do this?

borocub
21-08-2010, 05:02 PM
i do agree, there are to many old posts on here.

Targetarear
21-08-2010, 06:51 PM
i do agree, there are to many old posts on here.

But what about new members who might want to scroll through old posts to get a flavour of the site? I did that a year or so ago when I first joined, and it was very enlightening. Perhaps we could have an 'old post archive' where posts more than a year old could be stored. That way newbies could look at them, but the site wouldn't be cluttered up for regular visitors.
Target.

borocub
21-08-2010, 10:00 PM
But what about new members who might want to scroll through old posts to get a flavour of the site? I did that a year or so ago when I first joined, and it was very enlightening. Perhaps we could have an 'old post archive' where posts more than a year old could be stored. That way newbies could look at them, but the site wouldn't be cluttered up for regular visitors.
Target.
Yes that would be good too. :D

mike_redbotham
22-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Target.

Good compromise - as long as they couldn't be 'resurrected' with new replies.

happygolucky
22-08-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't really see the problem with leaving it as it is although I am tempted to delete users who haven't logged in for over a year having advised them first... thoughts??

Tutor
22-08-2010, 06:25 PM
A year without logging in seems a bit generous, especially for those who haven't logged in since the day they registered

borocub
23-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Borocub, you impudent boy! How dare you refer to Westey as "an old post"! Just you wait until September, my lad! Don't worry, Westey- his card is marked!
TDH
That's not far sir. I didn't even mention westey sir. I've been fiited up there. :(:mad:

borocub
23-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Fair?! Whoever said that life was fair? Are you suggesting that I have "fitted you up"? Be very careful how you answer!
TDH
No i don't think you have sir, when i said old posts i didn't mean any one in person. I like westey and all the older gentle men on here. I maybe cheeky sometimes, but i'm always respectfull sir.

anarchistic_masochist
23-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Fair?! Whoever said that life was fair? Are you suggesting that I have "fitted you up"? Be very careful how you answer!
TDH

I'll save 'Cub from answering by asserting in the nicest possible way that you have "fitted him up!" I'll just come out and say it and to heck with the consequences! *Giggles mischieviously* I mean, calling anyone, even Westey, an "old post" is a somewhat bizarre insult. I know you're gonna hang me for this, but that's life and its inherrent unfairness.

Of course, I say all the above with the greatest of respect, Sir...

Cherry x

borocub
23-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I'll save 'Cub from answering by asserting in the nicest possible way that you have "fitted him up!" I'll just come out and say it and to heck with the consequences! *Giggles mischieviously* I mean, calling anyone, even Westey, an "old post" is a somewhat bizarre insult. I know you're gonna hang me for this, but that's life and its inherrent unfairness.

Of course, I say all the above with the greatest of respect, Sir...

Cherry x
Thanks hun. I do respect all the sir's on here. I now i will be spending a lot of time over sirs knee. :eek:

borocub
24-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Aaah! How touching! Cherry riding to Boro's rescue! His "knight" in shining armour! No wonder he's so grateful. However, it's too late- his card is already marked- his fate sealed! Of course, I can't allow Cherry's impudence to go unpunished - Borocub will just have to be her whipping boy, I suppose! Before you both starting bleating about how unfair that is, I know! But as Cherry rightly points out, life is inherently unfair, and never more so when TDH is involved!

TDH
I'll take what's coming to me. I put my hands up. I'm not going to winage about sir. :confused:

mike_redbotham
24-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I do respect all the sir's on here. I now i will be spending a lot of time over sirs knee. :eek:

Your mis-placed apostrophe also needs a good spanking!
It appears where it shouldn't ('sir's on here') but is missing where it should be ('sirs knee')!

Lessons on the use of the apostrophe can be arranged!

borocub
24-08-2010, 02:20 PM
It appears where it shouldn't ('sir's on here') but is missing where it should be ('sirs knee')!

Thankyou sir for pointing my misstake out. I think a few lessons from you sir would a good idear. Thankyou sir.

mike_redbotham
24-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Thankyou sir for pointing my misstake out. .

Who is this young lady, Miss Take?

borocub
24-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Who is this young lady, Miss Take?
I ment mistake sir! I think i'm in need of a good hand spanking to clear my head.

mike_redbotham
26-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I ment mistake sir! .

I assume you meant 'meant'.
Clearly, you are in need of a strict English master.
What I shame you are so far away as I would be pleased to take on that role.

borocub
26-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I assume you meant 'meant'.
Clearly, you are in need of a strict English master.
What I shame you are so far away as I would be pleased to take on that role.
Yes sir. I do need a strict english master to teach me.

borocub
31-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey Boro I received your message and dont worry about me I am not dead.
Well not yet anyway.
Is it me or is it flat on here right now. Where are all the players. Cov, Cherry, uncle Dave, Mike.
Come on guys get posting.
Glad ur ok. I'm not sure. Now ur back things may liven up a bit. :D

borocub
31-08-2010, 11:00 AM
It's sir to you at all times and dont you forget it Boro.
Cov, are you not going to sort this lad out?

Sir! i do apologize :)

overIgo
23-11-2010, 06:20 AM

Ah the grammar police version of the Sweeney (right son your spanked )

borocub
23-11-2010, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=overIgo;12755]Ah the grammar police version of the Sweeney (right son your spanked )[/QUOTE

well you could text speak and get the grammar police really goin ie.
(_e=mc2_) smart arse

(_*_) sore arse

and my favourite (_x_) kiss my arse

mike_redbotham
23-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Ah the grammar police version of the Sweeney (right son your spanked )

.....and the required reading is "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

anarchistic_masochist
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Aaah! How touching! Cherry riding to Boro's rescue! His "knight" in shining armour! No wonder he's so grateful. However, it's too late- his card is already marked- his fate sealed! Of course, I can't allow Cherry's impudence to go unpunished - Borocub will just have to be her whipping boy, I suppose! Before you both starting bleating about how unfair that is, I know! But as Cherry rightly points out, life is inherently unfair, and never more so when TDH is involved!

TDH

Awww, no Sir! Poor old Boro's gonna be thrashed because of me! And it's all my fault! Now I feel really bad....'Cub's really gonna have it in for me now! :(

Cherry x

anarchistic_masochist
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey Boro I received your message and dont worry about me I am not dead.
Well not yet anyway.
Is it me or is it flat on here right now. Where are all the players. Cov, Cherry, uncle Dave, Mike.
Come on guys get posting.

Hello Westey, Sir! Nice to see you again! Where the heck have you been?? It's been pretty dead on here for ages. Mike, Cov and 'Cub are the only ones making any noise really - well apart from the screams of pain of course. *Rubs bottom ruefully*

Cherry x