PDA

View Full Version : The 6 Nations Rugby

Barbedwire
24-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Okay who's going to win ?????
Also who's going to the game between Scotland & England on the 4th ? You might just see me there :D

If your 1st team hasn't got much of a hope who would be your second choice ?

Me , well obviously I would love Scotland to win but errmmm well sometimes it just doesn't happen .So I have 2 choices that I need to flip a coin and choose between Ireland or Wales ...decisions,decisions :(

Bluebell73
24-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Now Barbie how the hell did you manage to get a ticket for the game when I am struggling to get a brief (Scots for ticket). Just remember we play in blue and the English in white. The referee who will be biased towards England will probably be Irish. Don't write us off we have a good side this year as long as they believe in themselves. If you are looking for a refreshment before the game the Gravediggers Arms takes a bit of beating.

BB73

Okay who's going to win ?????
Also who's going to the game between Scotland & England on the 4th ? You might just see me there :D

If your 1st team hasn't got much of a hope who would be your second choice ?

Me , well obviously I would love Scotland to win but errmmm well sometimes it just doesn't happen .So I have 2 choices that I need to flip a coin and choose between Ireland or Wales ...decisions,decisions :(

Barbedwire
28-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm surprised that even the rugby hasn't got a few more interested in typing a wee bit .
I though this was a nice non-threating thread especially for all you boys .
Remember now, it's not football hooligans ,so atleast it should stay civilized :D

I might see you in the pub BB next weekend ,i'll have a nice cold bottle of millers :D

red hand
29-01-2012, 02:11 AM
of course i would love Scotland to win.
but i have to confess i,m more of a football fan.

evenolder
29-01-2012, 12:39 PM
In answer to all the points made by Barbedwire. As If,:p You are having a laugh:) I would recommend you take more water with your drink:rolleyes:

Barbedwire
30-01-2012, 10:57 AM
RH , I know you are .It seems to be all you think about in class and it makes your schoolwork suffer hahah

of course i would love Scotland to win.
but i have to confess i,m more of a football fan.

red hand
31-01-2012, 05:06 PM
As in the words of the song "i belang tae glesga"
"i,m only a common old working chap"
the lower classes always preferred football
Rugby, where i come from was regarded (rightly or wrongly) as a sport for the "toffee nosed"
indeed i fail to understand what pleasure can be derived from watching a load of men sticking their heads up other men,s backsides on a Saturday, afternoon.
however each to their own

Bluebell73
01-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Like you Redhand I come from the West but further south. Football used to be my number one sport but with all the play acting and mercenary demands made by the players I moved on to other sports, rugby being one of them. I can assure you after playing the game for twenty odd years it is not an upperclass sport. But you are right, each to his own. I know who I will be cheering on on Saturday.

BB73:)

Rugby, where i come from was regarded (rightly or wrongly) as a sport for the "toffee nosed"
indeed i fail to understand what pleasure can be derived from watching a load of men sticking their heads up other men,s backsides on a Saturday, afternoon.

Barbedwire
01-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Aww bless you RH ,
I'll let you into a wee secret as to why I like the rugby - men , big thighs and cute bums ,so when they all bend over in the scrum - well happy days for a girl like me :o
Okay nah ,it doesn't make me blush it's a damn fine view .
I must admit i'm not so fond of their cauliflower lugs tho but I can look past those .

Any of you lovely boys that play rugby are most welcome to come see me anytime :D

My money will be on Scotland on Saturday ,atleast they've got a 50/50 chance .

red hand
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
as sporting activities go.
apart from my beloved football.
i could be persuaded to have a wee look at the lassies playing hockey, netball etc. much more appealing than rugby.

red hand
05-02-2012, 01:43 AM
and Scotland lost, what,s new?
jolly hockey sticks

Bluebell73
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Now now Redhand. The pub I frequent in the depths of Stirlingshire is football daft but even the football punters were cheering on the boys in blue last night. Scotland v England tends to unite us in a common cause. I would imagine if it had been a hockey match feeling would have been the same. Never mind there is always next year.

BB73

jolly hockey sticks

happygolucky
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Saddest of all is exactly that: Scotland lost - England didn't win.

jolly hockey sticks

Bluebell73
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Still hurts though, worse than six of the best from Barbie.

BB73

Saddest of all is exactly that: Scotland lost - England didn't win.