PDA

View Full Version : Gigs and Festivals

Barbedwire
28-01-2012, 01:12 PM
As I think most know by now - I am quite partial to a good gig or festival,so to start this year with a bang i'm off to see Rammstein in Newcastle next month , should be a tad mental. I haven't got any other gigs linedup yet but do have 3 festivals i'm attending which are , The Big Stooshie in May , Download in June and Wickerman in July .

So people, what have you got lineup to attend this year ?

You might even be attending one i'm going to :cool:

red hand
28-01-2012, 03:43 PM
so long as you keep away from Ryan Giggs you should be alright.

Barbedwire
05-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Oh that was a bad joke RH haha
So has nobody got any good gigs linedup they're going to this year ?

I'm adding a show to my list - The Circus of Horrors - seen it last year and going again on Wednesday 8th .
If you haven't heard of it or seen it I highly recommend it for something different :D

so long as you keep away from Ryan Giggs you should be alright.

Barbedwire
28-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Off to see KORN on Thursday night (29th) in Glasgow -then out on the town :D :D
I'll be heading to Solid Rock in Hope Street if anyone is out and about tomorrow night .

Bluebell73
28-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Pity it wasn't next week Barbie, I would have joined you in the town and allowed you to buy me a beer.

Have a good time

BB73

Off to see KORN on Thursday night (29th) in Glasgow -then out on the town :D :D
I'll be heading to Solid Rock in Hope Street if anyone is out and about tomorrow night .

red hand
29-03-2012, 07:47 AM
my fav gigs are the old skool nights, hopefully there maybe one on the horizon?

Barbedwire
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
There very well maybe RH - BUT no chance there'll be any of that rave music and no you can't come with a baseball cap /tracksuit and medallions ect as that'll mean trouble hahhah On second thoughts , come as you please and reap the consequences :D

Barbie x

my fav gigs are the old skool nights, hopefully there maybe one on the horizon?

red hand
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
There very well maybe RH - BUT no chance there'll be any of that rave music and no you can't come with a baseball cap /tracksuit and medallions ect as that'll mean trouble hahhah On second thoughts , come as you please and reap the consequences :D

Barbie x
i,m not a second Jimmy Saville, Rave would do my head in
i know exactly how to dress for an old skool night

red hand
04-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone going to see Elton John at Falkirk Stadium on Sunday 10th June? if so perhaps we could meet for a coffee or something stronger.
i,m not going to the gig myself but happy to meet like minded (spanko,s) folk who are going.

red hand
05-05-2012, 01:24 AM
there is also the prospect of "playing" on that Sunday afternoon (10th June) before the gig, should anybody be interested?

OverYourKneeNow
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Looe Music Festival, Looe, Cornwall 21st - 23rd September 2012 - Headliners The Skints (Friday) THE LEVELLERS!!!!!!! (Saturday) The Stranglers (Sunday) not sure if I am allowed to put a link on here, if so it is www.looemusic.co.uk (http://www.looemusic.co.uk)

Other than this, going to Soulfly in Plymouth in July and Beautiful Days festival in August

Barbedwire
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh, people on here like music - I was begining to wonder !

OverYourKneeNow -I bet you'll have a blast- I seen The Stranglers (back in the day,JJB was yummy then ) and The Levellers are good for a bit of stomping .

My plans have changed for my chosen summer festival (if you can call June summer )
I was going to Download at Donington but I'm now going to Rock am Ring in Germany instead - better bands , quicker and cheaper to get to and stay -so a wee holiday as well as the festival :cool: the other ones will probably still be the same though .Although The Stone Roses are playing TITP so quite fancy the Saturday to see them -even though TITP is not my kind of festival but it's just up the road ,so might go this year for one day.

I love this time of year when there is so much to choose from :D
Freshair, Fun and an allround mental ,mad time !

Gotta love it ,
Barbie x

red hand
27-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Anyone going to see Elton John at Falkirk Stadium on Sunday 10th June? if so perhaps we could meet for a coffee or something stronger.
i,m not going to the gig myself but happy to meet like minded (spanko,s) folk who are going.
2 weeks to-day, will any spanko,s be going?

red hand
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
2 weeks to-day, will any spanko,s be going?
one week to-day, anybody interested? in meeting "play" possible.
please PM for further details

Barbedwire
29-09-2012, 09:02 AM
MUSE at Secc on the 24th - anyone going and fancy meeting up for a drink or two after 3pm ?
I will be staying in a city centre hotel and have never been to the Secc so if you're going maybe you could show me the way ! I don't fancy getting lost in Glasgow with me being a wee Fifer and all that hahhahah

Bluebell73
29-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Now Barbie, if you can find your way to far away places like Newcastle you should have no problem with the SECC. It's a big place that sits on the north side of the river Clyde. It even has a rail station called believe it or not 'Exhibition Centre'. A frequent service operates from Glasgow Central Low Level station.:D

BB73

MUSE at Secc on the 24th - anyone going and fancy meeting up for a drink or two after 3pm ?
I will be staying in a city centre hotel and have never been to the Secc so if you're going maybe you could show me the way ! I don't fancy getting lost in Glasgow with me being a wee Fifer and all that hahhahah

Barbedwire
31-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Well I didn't stay overnight in Glasgow as a friend decided to come along and MUSE were excellent!!!!!
Next gig Lee 'scratch' Perry on Monday the 5th at The Liquid Room in Edinburgh - a night of reggae , not sure I can handle so much of it in one night but i'll try my best !

Barbie x

Now Barbie, if you can find your way to far away places like Newcastle you should have no problem with the SECC. It's a big place that sits on the north side of the river Clyde. It even has a rail station called believe it or not 'Exhibition Centre'. A frequent service operates from Glasgow Central Low Level station.:D

BB73

Barbedwire
13-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Nearly time for Wickerman Festival - anyone else going ?
I'm really looking forward to a good old stomp in the Scooter Tent :)

I've a nice wee self catering place booked ,so no camping ,i'm getting too old for that ! Plus I can do a few short sessions just to stop me drinking too much !!!