PDA

View Full Version : Spanking and the power of stories

Martydom
13-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Why do stories play such an important part in spanking life? I have to confess to spending too many hours searching out and reading –at first, furtively – spanking stories on the Internet. Before that, the use of short stories and books has been pervasive for many years, even centuries.

Highlights from an earlier life...Leila and Bijou horse-riding and whipping each other in the bois (Anais Nin’s ‘Delta of Venus’), the punishment of Mr Barville in ‘Fanny Hill’ (1748, would you believe), ‘The Whippingham Papers’ (from Wordsworth Classic Erotica!) and many more. ‘The Story of O’! Seek them out and enjoy.

Now we have ‘Malespank.net’ (thank you, Joelstrap!) and an ever-growing number of other internet based blogs, libraries, e-books and story collections for perusal, arousal and more.

Some are well written, many are repetitive and turgid (thwack!). There is a limited range of plots and subgenres, and too many formulaic iterations of ‘the school story’, in-family disciplinarians, and the like. Not very much seems original or innovative. The plot of the spanking story is, let’s face it, ultimately predictable in that someone always gets it in the ass. There are limited permutations over how they get there and what happens to them – the naive adventurer abroad, the miscreant punished for their wrongdoing, and so on.

Stories are also significant in many ways, because we use them to create (or share) fantasies, to anticipate what may happen, to place ourselves in a future imagined ‘reality’, as well as to make sense of what may have happened in the past.

So...what makes a ‘good’ spanking story? How do we like to use stories? And how can we create better ones, either from our experiences or fantasies?

Of course, these are the idle musings of a humble scribe who really should be getting on with something else...........

Marty

Martydom
14-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Just to add to this post from a month ago, after writing it I co-wrote a story with someone who contacted me which was an interesting exercise. You can read the result on

http://www.malespank.net/viewStory.php?id=27075

Martydom
30-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Final episode of the 'Rob & Marty' stories? What fun we had...
'Rob and Marty - The rock pool in the woods'

http://www.malespank.net/viewStory.php?id=27168