PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Mens electric shavers please

Barbedwire
15-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Okay the time has come for my son to learn to shave , as I don't shave my face ( well not that I'm aware of ) I obviously cannot teach him how to wet shave properly .
SO , all you men out there ,what would you suggest for his first electric shaver ? Obviously I don't want to pay a fortune( i've seen them priced upto £300 ) on his first one incase he doesn't like it as I understand some prefer foil heads and others prefer rotary heads .
Would it be best to get a wet & dry shaver or one with the lotion for shaving that you can put in the razor ?
It all a tad confusing to me as to what's the best route to go ,as I always watched men shave with soap and a blade (rather a sexy thing to watch )

All advice greatly appreciated .

Barbie x

Bluebell73
15-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi Barbie

You may think I am the wrong one to give you advice but believe it or not I did shave at one time.. No one taught me to shave, I taught myself by looking in the mirror while I was doing it and I would suggest that you get a good safety razor and shaving creme. Your son's skin will still be very tender and using an electric shaver can cause irritation. Just make sure he covers the part to be shaved with plenty of creme and slowly and carefully shaves away. He will soon get the hang of it and be dabbing on the aftershave to attrct the females.

BB73

Okay the time has come for my son to learn to shave , as I don't shave my face ( well not that I'm aware of ) I obviously cannot teach him how to wet shave properly .
SO , all you men out there ,what would you suggest for his first electric shaver ? Obviously I don't want to pay a fortune( i've seen them priced upto £300 ) on his first one incase he doesn't like it as I understand some prefer foil heads and others prefer rotary heads .
Would it be best to get a wet & dry shaver or one with the lotion for shaving that you can put in the razor ?
It all a tad confusing to me as to what's the best route to go ,as I always watched men shave with soap and a blade (rather a sexy thing to watch )

All advice greatly appreciated .

Barbie x

happygolucky
15-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I'll second bluebell's comments but add that when lads start to shave their 'bristle' is nicknamed bum fluff for a good reason - it resembles exactly that and an electric razor therefore tends to tug at it rather than snip it off painlessly. Can be nasty as my 17 year old found out last Xmas after Granny bought him the most expensive electric razor money could buy.

Just my thoughts.

johnlock
15-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Foil & rotary head razors are differant and what is preferable requires experimentation. I use a fairly cheap rotart head and it does the job. I have never enjoyed wet shaving but each to their own.

Barbedwire
20-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Hmm and I thought these new ones with lotion you can put in them would've worked wonders. So, looks like I'll be buying a shaving mirror, shaving soap and a good old fashioned blade to break him into the wonderful world of shaving ..OR I could just get him waxed ! Afterall ,waxing lasts longer than shaving and can be done facially and doesn't require done daily !

Thanks for your suggestions guys x

Barbie x

Bluebell73
20-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Barbie

That is nasty, :(suggesting that the poor we soul be waxed. That is worse than getting a dozen of the belt on the hands and backside. Even the thought of it is enough to make a grown man cry for help.

BB73

Hmm and I thought these new ones with lotion you can put in them would've worked wonders. So, looks like I'll be buying a shaving mirror, shaving soap and a good old fashioned blade to break him into the wonderful world of shaving ..OR I could just get him waxed ! Afterall ,waxing lasts longer than shaving and can be done facially and doesn't require done daily !

Thanks for your suggestions guys x

Barbie x