PDA

View Full Version : New Pics

paddlebutt
04-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Afternoon All, I've been trying for some time to add new photos to my photo album. It looks like I may have been successful this afternoon but I'm not sure. Could someone, anyone, please have a look and just ping me a quick message to confirm if they are accessible or not? Many thanks.

Tutor
04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Your album is alleged to contain 8 pics but if I try to open it the system reports no pics. But you're not alone in this; the problem has been reported but with no response.

happygolucky
05-06-2013, 08:35 AM
I see the pictures. They're all there...

Tutor
05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Very curious. I click on paddlebutt's only album ("Me") and it reports "Pictures 8 Last Picture 04:02:2013 04:12 PM". I click on this and get "This album does not contain any pictures"

happygolucky
05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
If you click on his username and then profile they come up in the album there.

Best wishes

stingbotuk
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM

Best wishes
I get the same response as tutor!

Tutor
06-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Best wishes

Sorry algomania, that's what I did and they don't. The album is there but it is empty.

SpankedSlave
06-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Same for me. I find that most of the photos which are indicated in various people's profiles are no longer in the folder. I also get a message saying that there are no photos in the folder. What has gone wrong ? SS

happygolucky
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Can I get you to try this link

http://www.spankingcontacts.co.uk/member.php/7056-paddlebutt

And let me know what you get. Something strange is happening and it would be good to get to the bottom of it (okay okay stop tittering at the back)...

SpankedSlave
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Yes, I was able to see 12 pictures. Also can you explain why I no longer seem to be "friends" with a couple of people I was friends with before ?

Tutor
06-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Can I get you to try this link

http://www.spankingcontacts.co.uk/member.php/7056-paddlebutt

And let me know what you get. Something strange is happening and it would be good to get to the bottom of it (okay okay stop tittering at the back)...

yes, 12 pics now visible... as they are when I go via paddlebutt's profile

Tutor
06-06-2013, 10:06 PM
... but problems elsewhere continue... see my album!

happygolucky
07-06-2013, 08:47 AM
I can't I'm afraid except it is possible that as the database was being transferred from one host to another some data was lost but I'd be surprised if that were the cause as the difference in database size was 2Kb but it's possible that it was your 2Kb that are missing. The pictures problem appears to have been a more fundamental files permission issue which, hopefully is now fixed.

Regards

Yes, I was able to see 12 pictures. Also can you explain why I no longer seem to be "friends" with a couple of people I was friends with before ?

happygolucky
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
This is a different problem as even I can see no pictures in your 'behind the scenes' profile so I suspect that the vagueries of the software are too much for some of us (me included at times) and it is for this reason that I'm looking at porting the whole shooting match onto a custom made platform.

To explain unless pictures are used within a certain period of time they are deleted. I've set this to the maximum allowable but the VBUlletin developers maintain that the picture functions are for display and not for storage - fair enough - so they also demand that pictures be 'saved' prior to a session ending and this command is fairly obscure in the uploading process. Again it is for this reson that we're looking to change things around but it all takes so much time.

regards

John

... but problems elsewhere continue... see my album!

paddlebutt
07-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi there, just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts. Hopefully, the problem is all sorted now as I'll be looking to add more shortly. I'm seeing a new contact I met online here this afternoon so I'm hoping to show you all how we get on soon. Thanks again.