PDA

View Full Version : if you.....

stl1990
05-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Wha would you do to a young lad if he confessed at your house to stealing

Titanites
08-02-2015, 12:18 AM
However tempting to spank him, if this were a real situation as you seem to imply, that is one thing I would NOT do, or even attempt; and not just because he'd probably be bigger, fitter, quicker and a "better" fighter than me.

ladyseeker
08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
I should just call the police and be done with it. If he's low-life enough to steal then blackmail might well be next on his agenda and it'll be his word against yours and you get the rotten publicity, possibly become a figure of fun etc...
Simon

StrictTop
08-02-2015, 01:11 PM
I should just call the police and be done with it. If he's low-life enough to steal then blackmail might well be next on his agenda and it'll be his word against yours and you get the rotten publicity, possibly become a figure of fun etc...
Simon

Completely agree. Real life criminal offences, it's the police's job.

Titanites
08-02-2015, 05:36 PM
And you'd be done for offences probably treated more seriously than his. You can take "reasonable" steps to protect yourself and your property but it's a very difficult area of the Law.

A friend who had his fence panels alongside a main road pavement damaged by some useless brat kicking it considered installing CCTV but was advised this could lead to allegations of trying to film children, perhaps mitigated if the camera was aimed only at the fence! Obviously the teenage brats' right to damage his property outweigh his right to defend it.