PDA

View Full Version : Time wasters and applying the phone-chat test

toptony
14-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Don't doubt that this has been debated before - but whilst having had many lovely contacts with some members - like most I guess I get my share of time-wasters.
Yes indeed I am well aware from previous threads that people are entitled to 'change their minds' - 'get cold feet' etc. but for me the worst are those who engage in long email chats exchanging what feel like very personal - and hence very believable - life information and then suddenly cut contact without even a "sorry but changed my mind".
Worst side of this is that - OK stupidly maybe - I end up worrying that something bad has happened to them. how sad am I?
Anyway to return to my title - some while ago when wingeing about so called 'couples' in particular where communication is usually with the male partner, a fellow member suggested insisting on having a telephone conversation with the alleged female partner.
So some three weeks ago when PM'd by a 24 year old female member - who had found my details and was asking me to spank her - we engaged in pretty well daily emails and sometimes more - each one with her offering progressively more and more 'delights' and seemingly limitless levels of physical/sexual activity - (Ok so may well be a clue there that I have noticed with past time-wasters) - we fixed on a date for next Sunday.
As the saying goes - "If an offer seems too goo to be true - it probably is" - I decided to try the phone-chat test - pointing out that we would probably want to exchange mobile numbers anyway for any unexpected travel problems on the day of meeting - so why not now - and yes I showed willingness by giving her mine?
You have guessed it - not a single word since for about a week. Well yes of course she may be genuine but have chickened out when faced with the possible reality - be very busy or ill or worse or not wanting to disclose her phone number (in which case she could have said) or whatever - but at least now I can make arrangements to see a trusted well known spankee for next Sunday. I will certainly be using the phone-chat test in future.
Would be interested to know if other members use this test or any other ideas on the problem. In the meantime - subject to an early expectation of the phone-chat test I continue to welcome contact from interested female spankee's Dommes or switches. TT

slowhandjack
14-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I've been active on the site for the last six months or so and it soon became apparent to me that sadly many of the posters are fantasists getting their kicks by proposing meetings they have no intention of attending or posing as women looking to be spanked.

Many are obviously married and the idea of getting spanked and engaging in a bit of bi kinkiness clearly gets their pulse racing - but they have no plans to follow through.

There's no law against that, but it's good to be aware.

Not everyone on the site is like that, of course, and I've had a couple of good meetings. But, like toptony, I now tread cautiously - expecting the emailer to suddenly have to drop out at the last minute.

The phone-chat test does seem to be a good idea.

genre
22-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Your unluckier than me, I did not have to suffer a lengthy ping pong email exchange with one bogus female claimant because when I replied to their email it bounced and failed to be delivered. In my case, I assumed it was some sad and sick male poorly impersonating a female when he was probably some technical but narrow minded cyber geek that knew how to use an invalid email address.
I could trace his IP address shown in their email header properties, use whois and raise a complaint to his host registrar but then thought it was not worth wasting my time with someone that appears to be not quite the shilling.

carlmacar
06-04-2015, 11:26 PM
i am sorry to here that i just wish i could be contacted by someone lol. its pretty quiet in the north-east.
Don't doubt that this has been debated before - but whilst having had many lovely contacts with some members - like most I guess I get my share of time-wasters.
Yes indeed I am well aware from previous threads that people are entitled to 'change their minds' - 'get cold feet' etc. but for me the worst are those who engage in long email chats exchanging what feel like very personal - and hence very believable - life information and then suddenly cut contact without even a "sorry but changed my mind".
Worst side of this is that - OK stupidly maybe - I end up worrying that something bad has happened to them. how sad am I?
Anyway to return to my title - some while ago when wingeing about so called 'couples' in particular where communication is usually with the male partner, a fellow member suggested insisting on having a telephone conversation with the alleged female partner.
So some three weeks ago when PM'd by a 24 year old female member - who had found my details and was asking me to spank her - we engaged in pretty well daily emails and sometimes more - each one with her offering progressively more and more 'delights' and seemingly limitless levels of physical/sexual activity - (Ok so may well be a clue there that I have noticed with past time-wasters) - we fixed on a date for next Sunday.
As the saying goes - "If an offer seems too goo to be true - it probably is" - I decided to try the phone-chat test - pointing out that we would probably want to exchange mobile numbers anyway for any unexpected travel problems on the day of meeting - so why not now - and yes I showed willingness by giving her mine?
You have guessed it - not a single word since for about a week. Well yes of course she may be genuine but have chickened out when faced with the possible reality - be very busy or ill or worse or not wanting to disclose her phone number (in which case she could have said) or whatever - but at least now I can make arrangements to see a trusted well known spankee for next Sunday. I will certainly be using the phone-chat test in future.
Would be interested to know if other members use this test or any other ideas on the problem. In the meantime - subject to an early expectation of the phone-chat test I continue to welcome contact from interested female spankee's Dommes or switches. TT

legate
03-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Just dont get too invested in the meetings/possibilities etc.

raggedmale
22-10-2015, 12:19 PM
There is someone calling 'herself' Butterfly who never shows. Look her up on this. 'She' is the only person that i've ever arranged to meet that was reluctant to provide a phone number.

In my view - not providing a number ought to be a big hint to avoid.