PDA

View Full Version : Gawain, Flagellant in Cheshire

Gawain
06-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm into BDSM Spirituality. One significant practise for me isSelf-Flagellation, which is sexual in a sense, but results in aspiritual experience if I start in that frame of mind. Basically it's a Ritual Ordeal. I wonder how other people practice Spiritual BDSM. For me it worksbetter with a partner, but only if they're on the same wavelength.Otherwise I'm better off doing it by myself. It's not directly sexual.If I'm going to masturbate, that happens maybe an hour beforehand. I'm not very aroused during the actual whipping.I've invented a scourge or quirt for the purpose, which may interestsome members. You start with an ordinary 20 metre plastic clothesline.Fold it into 8 loops, leaving some spare at the ends. Tie the 8 loops at50 cm to form the lashes. Plait the remaining 7 loops with the looseends to form the "handle" (I use what's technically a "sinnet") andfinish this by tying it together with the extra end-lengths.The pain from this implement is controllable, and with practise you caneasily whip your own buttocks. During my adventures I've met a number ofpeople who could benefit from this idea, because they really need tosort themselves out. My invention might help.Evaluating my feelings and childhood experiences, I conclude that my practice is related to Self-Harm. I feel it's appropriate that I should be punished this way, leaving my buttocks marked with welts. But it's a safer alternative because I don't inflict any permanent injury. The welts subside within hours, and the other marks fade within days.

Titanites
05-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Hello Gawain.

Very interesting ideas: I like the instructions for making the quirt (a new word to me).

Like you, my fascination with spanking developed in childhood: mainly 1960s but I think seeded by a completely out-of-character spanking of a boy, bottom bare, by our female teacher in our mixed Infants School class, c.1958-9.

I discovered self-flagellation in my teens. I have used it on odd occasions since, though admittedly with an erotic motive - usually as masturbation "foreplay" or simply to relieve the desire and enjoy the sensation - as often as for any self- discipline / therapy purpose. Sometimes I will administer a self-whipping then go about my normal household life (I live alone).

I do not go in for severe pain but use various implements: a cane made from an old hanging-basket hook (rattan? - certainly a fibrous material about 3/8" diameter). switch, short birch or a 3-tail cord whip. I once made a sort of crop by encasing 8mm dia cord in 2 layers of electricians' heat-shrink sleeving; and an effective paddle cut from 6mm thick, stiff rubber sheet.

I have read assorted self-spanking threads elsewhere, and many of their contributors use discipline as a justification, but if I understand correctly your drive is more therapeutic; and my own desires to be spanked are some sort of blend of erotic, discipline and therapy with an 'old-school' flavour!

Might we correspond, PM or off-site (I still write, well, type, letters)? I'm in S.Dorset but on rather rare occasions I visit (non-spanking) friends further North, and perhaps then we might meet on my journey home, usually on a Sunday, perhaps a Monday.

Best Wishes,
Titanites