PDA

View Full Version : Has British spanking.com gone for good?

redchris76
29-04-2018, 04:10 PM
I know it is about another site but was wondering if anybody knows what has happened to that website as had pictures on there?

jaybo
29-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Did you not back up your pictures,or are you concerned the pictures will be held somewhere you cannot access?
When Southspankings server failed I lost pictures but I wasn't overly concerned as my face wasn't in them ...it is a worry as more sites close or cannot continue due to changes in what is and isn't allowed on the Internet.
Good luck with retrieving your photos
Jaybo

jaybo
29-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Got to admit B.S seemed a bit cliquey and the obsession with puzzle games drove me mental but there was some decent sorts on there its kinda sad to see it close.

redchris76
02-05-2018, 12:12 PM
I have got them backed up somewhere it was just easier to get them off there, I was more interested in whether it had closed or not. It was extremely cliquey with people who thought they owned the site but had a easy to use chat room and a number of nice people.

jaybo
02-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Hi Redchris
Yes I didn't want to put the site down I had some good chats on there.
But there were a few... let's say know it alls! :)

raggedmale
13-05-2018, 06:22 PM
The owner pulled the plug, without telling anyone! Apparently, 'Headmaster' was fearful of meeting requirements of legislation that is either in force now or about to be.

happygolucky
14-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Yes, the legislation is a real concern and we may have to be vigilant over the nature of photographs we allow but, remembering we are primarily a contact site and are in no way commercial and, that we never do mass mailings, we do steer just the right side of the line. The corollary is that the site can appear quiet, however, I get the PM stats and they tell a different story.

John

Xpat
24-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Yes, the legislation is a real concern

Might one ask what legislation is meant?

happygolucky
24-06-2018, 12:39 PM
GDPR has been a real concern for some site owners, especially those that mail out to their userlist on a regular basis - something we never do. Also there is legislation pending branding certain types of photograph as obscene - such as those showing marks depicting physical punishment.

Xpat
28-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Thanks! OK, if it is branded obscene does it mean it is illegal?

Tara
08-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Thanks! OK, if it is branded obscene does it mean it is illegal?

you can read up on the obscene publications act and also the AV laws coming in April there's tons of info online.

I had all my review thread and photo galleries all backed up so didn't loose anything when BS shut down but there had been lots of warnings about it might be going so plenty notice. I only lost about a week's worth of posts which was only a couple of trifling ones.