Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Some members having access rpoblems.

Hi,

I was always having problems logging in and being told i was logged in to only find i had been logged out virtually straight away, i have done what "Caribou 2" has suggested and so far it works fine, i am using IE 8 and Vista OS so if you are having the same problem please try it out and see if it cures the problem like so far it has done for me.

Thanks Caribou 2 for the information.

Si

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou 2 View Post
    This has been driving me crazy for ages, but today I managed to get it sorted. I'm still using I.E. on Windows XP, but the following actions have solved the problem for me:

No more constantly being logged out.

You will do as you are told and wear white pants

Quote Originally Posted by White pants View Post

Thanks Caribou 2 for the information.
    No probs - glad it was of some help

Hi I've posted this on my 2 professional adverts offering my services but no-one has noticed!

Every time I log in I can post only once and the forum logs me straight out again, although I keep filling in the login screen all it does is refresh itself saying I am not logged in.

I followed all the instructions on this thread above to the letter! Every time I come in here I can post ONCE and it logs me straight out and won't let me in again until the next day!

I've emailed twice as I couldn't get back in to pm you guys but your emails just bounce saying your email box is full!

so what next - I can't participate on your boards to post any replies to any other threads as by the time I've updated my personal ad I've been thrown off again!

There is something badly wrong with this site - it's absolutely infuriating. Despite my previous advice it is now constantly logging me out again. I use another forum with the same software and this never happens. Blaming Internet Explorer is bollocks as well - the problem lies here.

It's just so bloody tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou 2 View Post
    There is something badly wrong with this site - it's absolutely infuriating. Despite my previous advice it is now constantly logging me out again. I use another forum with the same software and this never happens. Blaming Internet Explorer is bollocks as well - the problem lies here.
    Indeed it does, I was a moderator using exactly the same forum software and I know how it all works and no-one else's vBulletin forum I've ever used does it!

It says at the top of this board "Suggestions The place to make suggestions about in what way the site can be altered and improved. It's your forum so please let me know how it can be bettered."

Owners - please get it touch with vBulletin, their support team is 24hrs and they usually get back to you within a few hours. Tell them your problem and they can tell you how to fix it!!!!

Exasperating.

Hi
    I know it may seem as though we're ignoring your please but that really isn't the case. V-bulletin, the software developers have been trying to fix the problem with us but, as we cannot re-create the problem ourselves and, neither can they, it's a hard one to test.

We have made a few more alterations as a result of their input but they will not take effect unless you delete the relevant (or all) cookies so that new cookies can be set. These will be shown in your browser in relation to 'cpcontacts.com' and not 'spankingcontacts.co.uk' since that is the the ultimate host.

I can help with how to do this in safari and firefox but as the problem is mainly I.E I'm frustratingly out of the loop. Could one of you suffering this problem have a go and see if we've made any progress - I do hope so.

I must also add that this site is entirely run by one person who pays for everything and gets nothing out of it at all, not a sob story I'm happy to do it but merely a means of backing up my request that you be as patient as possible and we'll do our best.

Best wishes

Shocked as today for the first time each time it throws me off I re login and it lets me stay amazing! Logged in 4 times and I've made quite a few posts so let's hope it's fixed!

Made 1 post and 1 pm and had to log in 6 times so far 2nite!

It chucks me out all the time yet it's the same forum software as British Spanking n another vanilla one that I use which never chuck me out!

Default Re: Some members having access problems

I have had exactly the same problem my self even rebooting my computer made no difference logged in next day and all ok

When it happened another time I just used the back arrow and started from an earlier page on which I was still logged in and started from there that seemed to clear it

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by covspank View Post
    I was logged into the site this afternoon (8.11.09) and was suddenly shut out. I was told I had to log in again, which I did, but then the system kep shutting me out again. I eventually managed to get in by shutting the computer down and logging in again through Google search. I am not aware that I did anything that would have shut me out in the first place. Thanks.

P.S. Great site- I love it and have made some great contacts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast