Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A cull??

Gloucestershire/Can accommodate Sometimes

Default A cull??

Following the discussion about a '19yr old girl' on Latest Advertisements,
    is it time for a cull of postings made more than, say, a year ago where the original poster hasn't been active since?
    It would probably speed the site up if those members who haven't been active for, say, 2 years are also removed as proposed by TDH.
    Presumably only the Moderator can do this?

Default Re: A cull??

i do agree, there are to many old posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by borocub View Post
    i do agree, there are to many old posts on here.
    But what about new members who might want to scroll through old posts to get a flavour of the site? I did that a year or so ago when I first joined, and it was very enlightening. Perhaps we could have an 'old post archive' where posts more than a year old could be stored. That way newbies could look at them, but the site wouldn't be cluttered up for regular visitors.
    Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Targetarear View Post
    But what about new members who might want to scroll through old posts to get a flavour of the site? I did that a year or so ago when I first joined, and it was very enlightening. Perhaps we could have an 'old post archive' where posts more than a year old could be stored. That way newbies could look at them, but the site wouldn't be cluttered up for regular visitors.
    Target.
    Yes that would be good too.

Gloucestershire/Can accommodate Sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Targetarear View Post
    Target.
    Good compromise - as long as they couldn't be 'resurrected' with new replies.

I can't really see the problem with leaving it as it is although I am tempted to delete users who haven't logged in for over a year having advised them first... thoughts??

A year without logging in seems a bit generous, especially for those who haven't logged in since the day they registered

Quote Originally Posted by covspank View Post
    Borocub, you impudent boy! How dare you refer to Westey as "an old post"! Just you wait until September, my lad! Don't worry, Westey- his card is marked!
    TDH
    That's not far sir. I didn't even mention westey sir. I've been fiited up there.

Fair?! Whoever said that life was fair? Are you suggesting that I have "fitted you up"? Be very careful how you answer!
    TDH
    No i don't think you have sir, when i said old posts i didn't mean any one in person. I like westey and all the older gentle men on here. I maybe cheeky sometimes, but i'm always respectfull sir.

Fair?! Whoever said that life was fair? Are you suggesting that I have "fitted you up"? Be very careful how you answer!
    TDH
    I'll save 'Cub from answering by asserting in the nicest possible way that you have "fitted him up!" I'll just come out and say it and to heck with the consequences! *Giggles mischieviously* I mean, calling anyone, even Westey, an "old post" is a somewhat bizarre insult. I know you're gonna hang me for this, but that's life and its inherrent unfairness.

Of course, I say all the above with the greatest of respect, Sir...

Cherry x
    I don't mean to be naughty, or bad, or rude...it just kinda happens! Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast