Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Independent cane 'road test'

That's a good idea. I'd be up for road testing tawses on hands at the same time. I agree best way of assessing would be by votes of all present.
    drummond

Aw naw why do I suggest daft things like a hand belting test. Drum have you any idea what Barbie and Ellie are like with a belt in their hands. Barbie has a Philps and she loves using it. Ellie has one of Mr Campbells fine XH belts and she also enjoys using it. I visit them reasonably regularly and I can just immagine the two of them in a belting competition. The two of them would be trying to outdo each other and god help the unfortunate on the receiving end.

BB73

Quote Originally Posted by drum View Post
    That's a good idea. I'd be up for road testing tawses on hands at the same time. I agree best way of assessing would be by votes of all present.
    drummond

Do I detect an air of anxiety there, BB? Surely you're not scared of two wee women?

Els

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell73 View Post
    Aw naw why do I suggest daft things like a hand belting test. Drum have you any idea what Barbie and Ellie are like with a belt in their hands. Barbie has a Philps and she loves using it. Ellie has one of Mr Campbells fine XH belts and she also enjoys using it. I visit them reasonably regularly and I can just immagine the two of them in a belting competition. The two of them would be trying to outdo each other and god help the unfortunate on the receiving end.

BB73

Absolutely terrified, I know what the two of you are like. You might be wee, but the two of you can cause a person like me a lot of discomfort. My worry is the enthusiasm you and Barbie exude when you enter into these sort of games.

BB73

Quote Originally Posted by Elliej View Post
    Do I detect an air of anxiety there, BB? Surely you're not scared of two wee women?

Els

Och yes BB man up. Surely your not afraid of the belt
    And it would be for the benefit of science.
    Drummond

Well said Drum ... I take it you are happy for the two wee Scotswomen to tickle your hands and backside with the aforementioned implements?

Els

Drummond

Now Drum, afraid of the belt,no. I can still remember my happy schooldays of the sixties. Afraid of these two females, yes. You have no idea what they are like. There should be a warning notice on all the signs for Fife reading 'Abandon all hope ye who enter here' They come accross as two lovely people and I suppose they are but the minute they get you into their lair, there is only one word that comes to mind and that is 'PAIN'. Be careful of what you wish for, it might happen.

BB73

Drummond

Been a while since I got a Campbell's XH but a few wee tickles wouldn't be amiss
    drummond

Just returning to the original matter for a very distracting moment - It does look as though those north of the border are keener than we squeamish English lot so it may well be that it's handed over to you guys/girls for a proper test.

I suggest nursery, junior and senior canes from two or three different sources. Has anyone, for instance got any experience of these?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32-Junior-...item3a7ade01f1

Looks quite fun, maybe we could pitch that against one from dear old Phil and perhaps another source. I know we've all got our old favourites in the naughty cupboard but unless we can all buy the 'winner' there seems less point. I know they're each unique but all makers have their own techniques which afford some greater similarity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12