Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real lessons

jaybo Guest

Default Re: Real lessons

Yes I think you have to throw yourself into that mindset.
    Because you would be totally immersing yourself into a role...
    Perhaps it's a chance to behave like a kid again!

Looks like that I have got a first lesson booked for two weeks time. Have to pick a scene from 'Julius Caesar ' , write an essay on it
    ( with quotes from the text) using pen and an exercise book, then report to the tutor's house,stand in the corner whilst Sir marks it.

I can see that a series of lessons might help you learn. You would have homework to do, as Collingwood has ...

Even if the work is good, it could be badly presented or late which would earn punishment.

I suggest Brutus' and Antony's speeches to the crowd after Caesar's death. It is a classic scene.

Session went well. I had to read out my homework to Sir : I chose the first scene of Act one of Julius Caesar and wrote a short introduction to the play for homework. I got marked down for bad handwriting, for not giving enough historical background in the essay, and for not having my tie on straight.
    Got punished and I have to type out my original essay and write one about another scene . Will have another lesson next month.
    Last edited by Collingwood; 05-10-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Posted to soon

I have another lesson with Sir on Thursday. Have to find some time tomorrow to get my homework done as want to go out in the evening rather than stay in writing about a Shakespeare play. Might have to do the homework on the train.

I think if you were to try to write something on the train it might make your handwriting poor? Stay in and do your homework, boy! You can go out when it's done and not before!

I got a reprieve as Sir went down with a nasty cold and we had to postpone. I will report to him now in the next day or two. The homework is done, luckily. He wants me to attend earlier than before. I have a feeling that Sir will take my homework from me and start asking me questions to see if have really learnt it , and not just copied it from the 'Web.

Quote Originally Posted by StrictTop View Post
    I think if you were to try to write something on the train it might make your handwriting poor? Stay in and do your homework, boy! You can go out when it's done and not before!

I would certainly test you on it. You seem to me to be just the sort of boy that would copy from somewhere without trying to put any work in. You would learn not to do that in my class.

I only noticed on train , when doing some last minute swatting, that I hadn't spell checked the homework, so I knew that I was going to get into trouble. It was far too late to correct it and print out again. But Sir didn't seem to notice this but was more interested in asking me questions, without letting me consult what I had written. Needless to say, got punished.

Quote Originally Posted by StrictTop View Post
    I would certainly test you on it. You seem to me to be just the sort of boy that would copy from somewhere without trying to put any work in. You would learn not to do that in my class.

I'm amazed he lets you print it out. You'd handwrite it for me and then you'd be careful about spelling as you wouldn't want to have to write it out again with spellings corrected!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast