Thread: Dead site

Default Dead site

Anyone agree or can someone convince me otherwise. 1 2 or maybe 2 members online at a time max and maybe 40 odd visitors. Absolutely no chat. What is the point

jaybo Guest

Default Re: Dead site

I think it is difficult for some individuals with reservations about their interest to speak freely about what they want and many others are just happy to lurk!...
    I didn't really like British spankings forum much,yes it was a lot more immediate in respect to the chat but there were a few know it alls on there that just slated people's comments that put me off...
    But hey ho it's a dead duck now anyway so never mind!
    :-)

No site is any busier that its users make it so, when the slipper hits the buttock: it's up to you.

I own the site and pay for it, it makes a loss (not a massive amount but after 12 years it adds up) and I provide it free of charge. As such I watch a lot of other sites to get ideas and, although they are busier the chat sites seem to made up of 90% USA and Australians so are little use in getting UK spankers to meet up. They also charge £50 per year. Their remit is often cyber sex and this site isn't for that, ours is primarily concerned with giving people space to meet other like-minded people, to express themselves and to have fun.

I have been thanked by a fair number of people who have made contacts and had a lot of enjoyment. I also get statistics for the PM side of the site and can assure you that there is a lot going on under the surface.

At one point we were terribly busy but it was three people haranguing others and sticking their noses in where they weren't wanted so I removed them and although much quieter it is at least - in general - on topic.

If you really don't think it's worth while for you then you can always find another site and use that, we'll be sad to see you go but that is your right.

Of course you could also choose to reply to people, to post your own thoughts, encourage debate, use the search facilities and the PM system to further your own ends, contribute articles, blog posts and highlight events but that's up to you.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you well in your search and thank you for your input.

John

Just trying to gauge how many people were still active.
    Great effort by you John keeping the site going. I think sometime I am doing something wrong when I go in the chat. You are 100% correct, it is up to us all to keep it active, the unfortunate thing is more guests than members, would be great to see them join and put a profile up.
    At least this post got a response which is positive and it was not a go at how the site is operated.
    Tom